Layers of the Atmosphere
- Layers of the Atmosphere Template (attached above)
- Writing Utensil
- Glue Stick
- Watch the videos linked below.
- Print out the Layers of the Atmosphere Template.
- Cut each of the big triangles out.
- Fill in the blanks using the information you learned from the video.
- Check the Answer Key to make sure your answers are correct.
- Glue the triangles in order one on top of another (Note: use the small triangle as reference when gluing).
- Enjoy your Layers of the Atmosphere Pamphlet!
- Why do you think the layers of the atmosphere are so important to Earth?
- The Earth’s atmospheric layers provide needed protection to humans and other forms of life on Earth. They protect us from the Sun’s harmful radiation, meteors that enter the Earth’s atmosphere, and give us the needed environment for life to thrive. (Note: Answers can vary)
- How do you think Earth’s atmospheric layers relates to the development of life on Earth? Do you think that life could have developed earlier if Earth had formed its atmosphere sooner?
- Without the Earth’s atmospheric layers, it would be nearly impossible to have the life we have today. Plants and animals all depend on the atmosphere to provide a stable environment for growth. (Note: Answers can vary)